Friday, May 13, 2011

One day I was in the mood for. . . . . Cookies!

 First set of ingredients....

Second set of ingredients...





Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions:
  • 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  • 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
  • 3. Drop dough onto baking sheet. (I used my cookie scoop!)
  • 4. Bake in a 400° oven until cookies are lightly browned and no longer wet in the center (break one open to check), 6 to 8 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
  • 5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Note: For the longest time my oven has refused to bake cookies correctly so bound and determined to get this recipe right I only baked two cookies at a time until I found the right cooking time.
Note 2: If you do not want to bake all the dough at once then scoop the dough onto a cooled and prepared baking sheet. Stick the baking sheet in the freezer until the dough is firm. Take the sheet out, remove dough and place in large freezer safe Ziploc bag. Return to freezer. This way you can take them out and bake as many as you desire.

1 comment:

  1. Note 2 is something I will try. I never want to cook all the dough at once (because Nic and I don't need to eat that many cookies at a time) but always have to defrost the cookie dough so that I can scoop out a few cookies. I will now freeze them in cookie form first, then put in a ziploc bag! Prepare for me to steal this and use it for my blog!

    ReplyDelete