Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cleaning Day: Attacking the Kitchen!






So... this is what my kitchen looked like on Tuesday morning.

Pretty bad eh?
Well I decided to con my little sister into helping me deep clean it.
It took a few good hours and A LOT of elbow grease but we did it!

First: We cleared off all the counters and table (plus the table and oven that's 6 surfaces)
Second: We picked up all of the stuff off the floor. (that pile of orange is nasty towels and rags)
Third: Kenna (and Ella) scrubbed down the surfaces/windows/oven while I washed dishes (I should add that our dishwasher only works as a drying rack so all those had to be done by hand. . . . my hand)
Fourth: We pulled off all the plants and pulled out the table and swept and mopped the whole floor
Fifth: We cleaned out SOME of the cupboards (just some)

This is the end result.



Make sue to flip back and forth from the end result to the starting result
so you can get the full effect. (btw: the corner to the right of the pic with the table
had some nasty, sticky stuff on the ground. my shoe almost stuck to the floor!)

The wall behind the oven was splatter painted red with pasta sauce.
















With 4 adults, one minor, constant stream of children and other siblings coming through this kitchen is great at getting messy very easily. But I have to say, it looks and feels a whole lot bigger when its clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment