Sunday, December 18, 2011

Days Four and Five

Ok, so I've  been busy but I swear I will probably,
.
.
.
maybe
.
.
.
get all the cookies made by
...Christmas...
Anyway! My sister introduced me to these wonderful sugar cookies,
almost exactly like Lofthouse Sugar Cookies

so here are those...

Faux Lofthouse Sugar Cookies


Ingredients
6 cups flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, at room temp.
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups sour cream

1. In medium bowl whisk 5 cups of the flour, the baking soda, and the baking powder together and then set the bowl aside
2. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time
3. Add the vanilla and sour cream and stir until combined
4. Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. The dough needs to be the right consistency for rolling, so add additional flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until this is achieved (up to 1 cup more flour). Divide the dough into two sections
5. Flatten the dough into rectangles about 1 1/2 inches thick, then wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator overnight
(Note: When I made these I only had two eggs so I substituted the last egg for 2 tablespoons mayo. I also split up the dough into smaller portions and refrigerated it for a few hours. They still turned out great.)
Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 7-8 minutes, until pale golden. Immediately transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool

The next cookie my be considered cheating but...
I bought some chilled cookie dough from the store.
They are really easy. all you have to do is bake them.
They are super good for a quick, sweet treat.

Note: Mine turn out best if I put a piece of tin foil on the sheet first.
Make sure the dull side of the foil is facing up, if not then the cookies burn
(mine did at least)

1 comment: